To Seal and Protect
Crowns are used when too much structural damage has occurred for a filling, such as large cavities and cracks or after a root canal.
A crown is a tooth-shaped cover that fits onto the top of a damaged tooth to restore its original shape and size and can improve its appearance. It seals and protects the repaired tooth. At Cedar View Dental, we use superior fit crowns that will help you bite and chew better as well as fill gaps and restore your smile.
Dental Crowns for Tooth Repair and Restoration
The main purpose of a dental crown is to secure a tooth that needs a little extra protection. We may recommend a dental crown in the following situations:
- A cracked or broken tooth. Damaged teeth can weaken the bone structure and leave the pulp exposed. A dental crown acts as a protective cover that repairs your tooth.
- A root canal. For our patients who need a root canal, a dental crown is the last step in the restoration of your tooth. Root canal therapy cleans and repairs your tooth while a dental crown adds strength and stability.
- Severe tooth decay. When decay spreads to a good portion of the tooth, the repair may to too large to leave unprotected. Our dental crowns are made from high-quality material that can secure a large filling or bonding in place.
- A misshapen tooth. If you have one tooth that doesn’t line up with the rest of your teeth, it can affect your bite and cause future problems. With a dental crown, we can change your oddly-shaped tooth into a uniformly-shaped one.
- A discolored tooth. A tooth can occasionally become stained or turn gray, and the tooth may not respond to teeth whitening. Our team can place a tooth-colored dental crown that covers up the discoloration and gives you a beautifully white smile again.
Dental Crown Process
During your first visit to our office, we can create a personalized treatment plan just for you. We start by taking an impression of your teeth and having a dental crown created that fits snugly into your mouth.
After the dental crown is made, you’ll return to our office and we’ll check to make sure the dental crown fits well. Once the dentist ensures a comfortable fit, we can bond the dental crown to your tooth, so you’ll have a new, permanent tooth.
Ready for A New Smile? Call to Schedule an Appointment
Are you ready for a stunning new smile? Call our office to schedule an appointment, and get started on your treatment plan. Our passion is to help you have a healthy mouth and to get the smile you’ve always wanted.