Fear No More
While the words may strike fear in your heart, root canals are a very common, safe, and relatively painless procedure. Root canals are performed to save a tooth that is badly decayed or infected. Because modern anesthetics are so good, you probably won’t feel anything worse than a simple filling.
The root canal inside your tooth is cleaned, medicated, and sealed. At Cedar View Dental in Lynnwood, we strive to complete root canals in one appointment, but some require a second for a crown or filling.
Worried About a Root Canal? Dental Sedation Can Help
Many of our patients feel more comfortable during a root canal treatment with the help of dental sedation. Laughing gas can help your body and mind relax, so you don’t feel nervous during your treatment. Our dental team takes great care to ensure your appointment is going well every step of the way.
Understanding the Root Canal Process
A root canal may seem like a daunting experience, but avoiding treatment can be painful and eventually lead to tooth loss. Understanding the root canal process can help you feel better about the treatment:
- First, we take x-rays of the affected tooth to see where the infection is located and how much of the tooth is affected.
- Second, our team will administer local anesthesia. If necessary, we will also provide dental sedation to help with the treatment.
- Once you are numb and relaxed, the dentist removes decay and then the infected pulp from the inside of the tooth.
- Our team will then clean the area to ensure the infection is completely gone and ensure that the procedure is effective.
- Next the dentist performs any build-up or applies any fillings necessary.
- We then take an impression of your bite, so we can create a dental crown for your tooth.
- Once the dental crown is finished, you’ll come back to our office, and we’ll make sure the crown fits and then bond it to your tooth.
A root canal is always better than feeling the pain of a tooth infection. Abscesses and severe infections can keep you awake with the pain, and we want you to feel better fast. Remember that we’ll do everything we can to help you feel comfortable during your appointment.
For More Information About Root Canal Treatment, Call Us Today
If you would like more information about our root canal process or if you want to schedule an appointment, call us today! We provide high-quality dental care for our patients in the Lynnwood area. Let us show you how we can improve the health and aesthetic of your smile!